- Community Grants range from a minimum of $1,000 to the maximum grant of $10,000
- Organizations must submit an online application to be considered for funding
- Grant applications are review twice each year. Once in March and again in September
- Applications may be submitted at any time during the year. Applications received between September 1 and February 28 will be reviewed in March. Applications received between March 1 and August 31 will be reviewed in September.
- Organizations may only receive one grant award each year
Organizations applying for a Community Grant award must meet all of the following criteria:
- Organization must hold a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed on the IRS Master File and conduct activities within the United States;
- Organization must be located in and serve the La Plata County, Colorado community;
- May not be K-12 public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university; or
- May not be a church or other faith-based organization or affiliated with any political party; and
- May not be requesting a donation related to a conference event.