We may update this Policy from time to time, so we invite you to review this page periodically. All changes will go into effect on the date that is listed in our Policy. The new Policy will apply to all past and current users of RMCF.com and will replace any prior Policies. By using this website, you consent to the terms of this Policy.
Note: You must be 18 years or older to register as a Member or use RMCF.com.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following information about you in various ways, including when you register an account, make purchases, and when you visit our website or social media sites:
- If you choose to become a Member, we collect your name, address, phone number, email address, username, password, and birth date. We also collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of those persons whom you add to your personal address book as a Member.
- If you shop with us via RMCF.com, we collect the following information about you: name, address, phone number, email address, addresses and phone numbers of gift recipients (if any). We use your name, address, phone number, as information to process your order or as otherwise described in this Policy.
- If you visit our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other social media pages, we may collect information you submit or make publicly available.
- We also collect any information you submit to us when you participate in our promotions, contests, and sweepstakes.
- We also collect information automatically using technology when you visit our website or social media pages or when you open one of our e-mails.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information you supply for the purpose of providing the services you have requested and as described in this Policy. The email address you provide is used for internal purposes, such as confirming and tracking your order. In addition, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory may contact you via email or regular mail to keep you up-to-date on the latest RMCF.com news. Also we may share or exchange your email or postal address with third parties, who may contact you regarding products or services that we think may be of interest to you on our behalf. If you would like to opt out of receiving mailings from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory or our third parties, please contact customer service. Additionally, gift recipients may, from time to time, receive our promotional information as well as offers from us regarding new products and services that we think may be of interest to them. We work with a third party service provider, who uses information collected automatically through technology to help us better understand how you use RMCF.com. The information this third party service provider collects, such as which search engine referred you to RMCF.com and how you navigated around our website, will help us to better serve you and provide you with more personalized information and product offerings. We may share your information, including your name, address, email address, as well as a record of any transactions you conduct on our website or offline with us with a third-party advertising partner and its service providers in order to deliver to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. Our advertising partner will make the data we provide to it anonymous.
5. MARKET RESEARCH
From time to time, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory may also contact you via email, postal mail, text message, or phone to conduct questionnaires and surveys. Survey information is treated like all of the information we collect.
6. ACCESS TO & CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may choose to: (1) stop receiving promotional materials by mail, phone, or email; (2) update or correct your personal information; or (3) disable your account. To carry out any of these choices:
• A Member can access, review and/or correct all of their personally identifiable information that was provided to us online by logging into their Account and accessing the Account/Address Tabs.
• If a Member wishes to have their account disabled, the Member can send an email with this request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, the email address associated with the account and the following message: “I would like to disable my RMCF.com website account.”
• You may send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at Customer Service 265 Turner Drive, Durango, Colorado, 81303. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will make the changes you request or provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to make in response to your request.
7. LIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANCE
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory offers Users live customer service assistance (8 A.M. MST to 5 P.M. MST). Information you provide during a call may be used to assist with your inquiry, as well as for any purpose permitted under the Policy. Calls may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.
8. THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory sometimes employs other companies and individuals to perform services for us. For example, we hire agencies to help administer consumer promotions, to analyze data, and to provide customer service. We may share your personally identifiable information with these parties, who have agreed to hold this information in confidence, not use it for any purpose except to carry out the requested service, and honor Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory’s privacy and security policies in the way this information is handled.
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory takes your privacy and security seriously. For this reason we work to establish technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access or use of personal information. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of any information you send to us and you do so at your own risk.
Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password and account. Members are responsible for activities that occur under their account and should immediately notify Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory of any unauthorized use of their account.
10. OTHER SITES
This website may contain links to websites operated by other companies. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is not responsible for the policies and practices of those third party sites. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the other sites you visit.
11. CONTACTING ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY
If you have any questions about our Policy, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org contact us by mail at Customer Service 265 Turner Drive, Durango, Colorado, 81303. We'll be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.
Credit Card Processing
For your protection, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Inc. does not collect, save or process credit card information on its servers. It uses third party vendors to perform credit card processing and payment transfer services through an electronic gateway. This means that once you complete checkout, and before entering any credit card information, you are redirected away from our servers to a highly secure third-party server where that information is collected and processed.